Why I'm Quitting Social Media
Before I jump into why I'm quitting Social Media, I just want you to know that I'm writing this with a sprained ankle and Tekken 7 sitting right by my side :( Therefore, I need you to stop for a moment and appreciate my awesomeness because I'm ignoring Tekken 7 for you. Also, it's why I'm going to be quick and straight to the point.
Reasons Why I'm Quitting Social Media
- Living in a very conservative society, where making friends with people of different beliefs, cultural backgrounds and even from the opposite sex was extremely difficult, made social media the only channel of communication. Thus, Twitter, Facebook and the rest of the social gang became my little window to the outside world. They helped me to satisfy that curious little creature inside me. Through them, I met amazing people and had the opportunity to work on great projects. At this time of my life, though, I don't need these tools like I used to. I'm traveling the world and meeting different people almost every day. So, the main reason of why I use Social media is no longer valid.
- After starting my blog, I used social media as a marketing tool. Then, it became clear to me that I'm copying everyone's marketing strategies without knowing why! Asking myself why and how I want to reach my audience, made me realize that social media is not the only approach to growing my blog. Most importantly, it's not the suitable approach for me. Eliminating social media from my nonexistent marketing plan is a tough decision or maybe even crazy, but hey, that what makes it more fun, right?!
- A few days ago, I came across a famous couple tweeting to each other about how much they appreciate one another. At the end of their "romantic" tweets, they were laughing about the fact that they were actually sitting face to face and tweeting instead of talking! It's quite shocking how we're losing the basic way of communication because of social media, yet some people find it laughable, even in a romantic situation like this. I'm not a romantic person but seriously, this was utterly awkward. Social media should be a tool not a way of life.
- Having social media accounts means I need to update them all the time which is, in my opinion, time-consuming and very distracting. I can use that time to focus on creating excellent content for my blog and work on more projects.
- I have nothing against social media nor anyone using it. Also, I'm not saying we should stop using social media. All I'm saying is that I'm at a place in my life where I don't need them anymore and my life will be much better without them.
Quick reminder, I'm not disappearing nor leaving planet Earth (sadly!) I'm simply quitting Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram & LinkedIn. My online presence will be through my blog and my Youtube channel (coming soon). The rest of the social media accounts I have will be deleted on next Monday. If you're a friend of mine, don't panic, you can always contact me on my phone or follow my blog for life updates. As for you, my dear Alnin you could subscribe to my blog to receive updates and any other crazy things coming straight from my brain.